Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!!

Here it is another Happy New Year!  I pray that you will have a great one.

I'm already making lots of lists and plans for the farm for the year. And for finishing up my 101 in 1001 list.  And to be a much better blogger...even if it is only a few lines.

One of the things we are doing for January is a "Month-of-Nothing."  Our grocery bill has been inching up and inching up (ok, maybe more than an inch) with the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.  Buying fancy stuff that we don't normally eat...some name brand stuff.  But now it's time to go back to reality.  And our freezers and pantry are stuffed with good stuff, so time to use some of it up.

The goal is no more than $25 per week on perishables. (Too bad we don't have a milk cow...I could make that $10!!)  So fresh veggies like spinach, fruit like bananas.  Milk, cheese (except we do have some cheese in the freezer-woot).  And gas for the car.  I like to go to the grocery store.  I like to shop, even if I don't spend, so I am lumping the gas with the groceries so I am not going down just to wander around.

If we choose to have Chinese take-out, etc that comes out of the $25 for the week.

I haven't figured out our menu for the week yet, I'll post that when it gets done (which is another goal--instead of wondering at 6pm what to have for supper)

I also have an "Out-of-Control" scrapbooking goal, but I will post that stuff over on the Scraptastrophe blog.

There are 329 days left of my challenge....I want to finish up strong.

What are you doing for the New Year?

Do you want to see my lists?  Or would that be boring??



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LISTS! LISTS! LISTS! LISTS!

WOOP WOOP! WOOP WOOP!

the organista in me is having a massive celebration! LOL

Glad to see you back! xoxoxo
Sheryl

kelly said...

Good for you! Great goals! I might adopt some of those.
Happy New Year to you all!
Kelly

Unknown said...

Of course I wanna see lists, LOL I LOVE lists!! We also have been spending WAY too much on groceries..too many "extras". So, we will be cutting back quite a bit as well..Now, to break it to the family, LOL!

Anonymous said...

hey - also - posting your lists makes you feel more accountable to achieve your goals :-)
Sheryl

Niki said...

Let's see those lists baby...