Saturday, August 9, 2014

Flash back: Race to Save Face: July 11th

One of my 101 in 1001 goals was to do a 5K...well, we did a 2 mile walk instead.   There were about 167 people preregistered for the race and/or walk.  It was a five mile run (with a big crazy hill) or a 2 mile walk.  There was also a kid's 1 mile "fun run".  

 It was to raise research funds for Trigeminal Neuralgia, which is the disease I have.  Not many people actually go into the "fundraising" aspect of it, but I did!  I raised $280 in addition to my entrance fees and was the top fundraiser. 

Our "color" is teal.  We had a "Team" to go, but as the day came closer, most everyone else ended up with something else they needed to do.  My Man was too sick to go....so it ended up just being me and My Boy. It was an awesome day anyway.  It wasn't very hot for July!!  YAY!  

I found Teal Shoes the morning of the race. 


Here is my determined young man....not a kid anymore! 

He may have been in the "Kid's Fun Run" but he took it totally seriously, and finished the mile in just over 6 minutes!!! 

I met a few others that are "warriors" with TN.  It was nice to know I'm not the only one!

It' was a great Mom N Boy Day!


I love this Boy!  He's become such a nice young man.


And even while walking, we "barn safari"ed.

And check out these chickens on a water tank...they were easily 9 feet tall!

As we left the race for our 2 hour drive home, it was under the July Super Moon.

My good friend, E. had a "Race to Save Face - South" as her mom has TN, too.

1 comment:

Niki said...

You are AMAZING!
love the shoes