Friday, February 1, 2013

Bumblefoot?--Graphic Pictures below.

So, Bumblefoot is a disorder that chickens will occasionally get on the pad of their foot.  But of course, my chickens don't read blogs....so I have a hen with bumblefoot on the top of her foot.  (I think that's what it is)  I've read the procedure and even watched the surgery on YouTube (Yick!).  I am almost ready to try it.  She isn't limping or anything.  I'm only somewhat (ok a bit more than somewhat) alarmed that it could be a staph infection that CAN be spread to people once it is opened up.   Deciding if that is a risk I am willing to take on an older hen.....

The patient ("Could I please see your medical license please??)

Graphic picture below:

Her foot.


I'll update if I get brave enough to do it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwwww poor foot!
awwwww poor rea to have to deal with the foot!

sheryl