Monday, August 2, 2010

BFFs

I have been very blessed in my life with friends.  I have some very, VERY good friends, most in the same place of their walk in life as me.  (Homeschooling moms, Christian).  Each one brings out different sides of me and all are a huge blessing.  They inspire me as to who I should 'grow up to be.'  Some I don't get to see very often, but when we do get together, it's like we've never been apart (Hello, Mabel!)

But God has given me 3 lifelong friends.  I have no doubt they will be with me until my dying day.

 First is my DH.  God knew just what He was doing when He brought us together.  I could go on and on about why we are a matched set, but I will save that post for later this week....on his birthday.

I was recently explaining to my wonderful Boy how we have the family that we are given...then we have the family that we choose. (Close friends).  This conversation came about after he asked me how he ended up with SO many Aunts.   So then we got to my cousin....and she is family I was given and family by choice.  We will always be friends because, well, we are related....and truly we are so different.  I grow rutabaga, she refuses to believe it exists.  But we are alike in some crazy ways.  And, I can't imagine my life without her in it.  In our family she is Aunt N.  She is a BFF!

Then there is Aunt S.  Aunt S and I have been friends since we were in the 2nd grade.  She screamed in the ear of a bully to get him to leave me alone.  We were both the new girls in class.  Despite me moving quite a bit, we stayed really close friend all through school. Then my cousin BFF met my school BFF and they became friends...how cool!  Then I moved to Arizona....yet we still managed to stay friends.  I moved back to Ohio and you would think with the closer proximity we would see one another more often...but we are both busy in our respective lives....she works days, me nights.  She has teenagers (Oh, MY!) and I have a bazillion chickens.  You get the idea.  But we stay in touch with email and I know that if I need her, she will be there.  Crazy enough, it's been about 4 years since we physically saw one another.  But....I sent an email about my grandma's passing and she was there at the visitation a few hours later.

Below all are represented in these pictures. 

My dear, wonderful husband (BFF) spent time talking with (I hope) one of my future BFFs (Boy).


Man was documenting the farewell to my beloved grandma...and caught me breaking down..

...followed by....being comforted by Aunt S...
....and then Aunt N...
And then Boy wanted to comfort (and be comforted) too...


I love all four of you!!  Thanks for being my BFFs.

1 comment: