Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Fast & Easy Appetizers (Part 1) - Brie Bites

This recipe utilizes sweet jams.  I used our Homestead "Sunshine" which is Peaches and Pears from off the farm, and "Razzleberry" (Blackberries & Raspberries off the farm)


All you need is a package of puff pastry (or you can make your own, but that takes the fast & easy out of the recipe!), a package of Brie and a jar or two of jam.  Strong flavors are best.  These two flavors really stand up to the brie.


Roll the pastry out.  And then cut (I use a pizza roller) into 16-20 pieces.


Even if your muffin/cupcake pan is non-stick, I recommend spraying with baking spray! Between the cheese and jam, plus the delicate pastry, it can be a challenge to get out otherwise
 (Ask me how I know!!)

Anyway, put your squares in with a chunk off of your brie.


Add about a teaspoon (ish) of jam on top of the cheese.

Put in the preheated (350*) oven
Bake for about 12-15 minutes (Depends on your oven, mine is old tends to run hot)


They will be all melty and simmery (technical terms, see??)

Let them cool for a few minutes before using a fork to spin them around to unstick and take out.


Plate, Serve, Enjoy.

Trust me, they disappear quickly!


Be sure to comment, so I know you were here!

Also, if you would like to order some of the Razzleberry or Sunshine Jam, contact me through the "about me" or Like "Cackleberry Hollow" on Facebook and message me there!

No comments: