Sunday, December 4, 2011

So much...and yet so little

It's been a month since I've posted.  So much has happened and yet when I try to think of what to post, so little comes to mind.

The change of weather has me down.  My conditions are so much worse in the cold and wind.  Nevermind the lack of daylight.  I'm ready for March...ok, well, I suppose I can wait until after Christmas at least.  I've been in the mindset "If you can't say anything nice...don't post at all." Grin.  So pretty much that is the end of THAT subject...but on my health...I had a MRI, EEG, and blood work done a few days ago.  Results later this week.

Kristl had her amputation surgery and is doing remarkably well.  It was by God's grace that everything came together for her surgery.  I emailled about that, but didn't get much of a response so it may only be amazing to me.

Thanksgiving was spent at friends.  Good food.  Nice fellowship. 

Did Black Friday.  Spent too much.  Still want to shop.  (I love retail therapy! Unfortunately, my budget and my limited space don't)

Was blessed today with some Freecycle Revere pans.  My man offered to get me a brand new set of pans for Christmas (and in fact did) but I told him, I really just needed the smaller pans that go with the big pans I already love (Revere).  A lady posted on Freecycle that she had some that were her wedding gifts (25 years ago) that she wanted to rehome.  He emailled and I picked up exactly the pieces I had been wanting!!  WOOHOO.  Now the pans I had bought can go back and the money is no longer spent (Bringing the total $$ back down to a more reasonable-over the budget-amount).

The gift I am making for my friends and family is coming along nicely...

We're supposed to be getting new siding on our drafty ole farmhouse soon.  (It's been scheduled and put off twice now, so who knows when)  Already we've had the front two picture windows replaced.

My mom is not doing well.  It looks as though she will need surgery on her back.  She is having some of the same pain issues I had before my 1st spinal surgery.  I'm so sad for her.  I know what it's like and it's not fun.  Say a prayer for her.  And for my dad...it's hard to stand by and know there really isn't anything you can do to help.

I'll try to do more posting in the next days leading up to Christmas.  I have lots of neat recipes and such that I'd love to share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAAA!!!! SO GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK! WE MISS YOU WHEN YOU'RE NOT ON :-D

WAHOO FOR RETAIL THERAPY! sometimes you don't even have to buy to get good results!

I'll say it again - Glad to hear puppy doin well! I was afraid something might have gone wrong with her when didn't hear from you for a while.

Lots of love & prayers for you & mama & all the family!

kisses - Sheryl

Niki said...

sooooooo, about that gift you are making for friends and family...