Thursday, September 1, 2016

Too busy....

I was too busy today to take any pictures...oh yeah, and also, I don't have a camera....

But good news, I found a replacement camera on eBay and it should be here next week.

My parents have been such a big help on the farm this fall!  They came out and we got so much done.
Dad and I had to do way too much re-wiring on the barn.  One light had an issue and once it was fixed that cause more issues.  But everything is working now.

Dad and I also harvested the last of the sweet corn, then Mom blanched it and we all got it packaged up for the freezer.  10 quarts.  That's besides the 2 dozen for the CSA tomorrow.  This was my first time doing a large scale corn patch.  One half of the patch was blown down about a month ago in a bad storm.

My guys have decided to take an earlier flight and will be home tomorrow afternoon.  I try to do "big" projects when they are away, but haven't even started on it....so I guess, no big project besides corn this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have plenty of projects going on! Sheryl

Elizabeth said...

how do you prepare corn for the winter?