Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Grandpa

Papa (my Dad), Danny, Me, Grandpa (Dad's Dad) and Nana (my Mom)

I wasn't on my blog for most of June.  On May 28, 2013 my Grandfather turned 95.

On June 13, 2013, my Grandfather passed away.  It's been a hard time.  Especially for my Father.  He would take Grandpa to breakfast or lunch every single day.  He is the one that found him.

We had to clean out my Grandfather's house....I don't know how long he had lived there, but at least my whole entire life.  That's a LONG time.

My grandfather had a sharp sense of humor.  I was blessed to spend time with him to the very end.  He passed away unexpectedly (as unexpectedly as you can get at 95).  Just a few days before I had a very "ordinary" day with him.  Taking him to the bank, driving around in the rain,  getting Burger King and taking it to my parents home to eat. 

He loved listening to Cow Stories.  He wanted more than anything to see me walk a couple of pigs home this summer. 

I will miss my Grandpa and pray more than anything that he did know the saving Grace of Jesus.  If you unexpectedly died tonight, are you POSITIVE that you would go to heaven?  There is no sin that is "unforgivable." Did you know that? 

My faith in Christ is who and what I am.  I know I blog about the farm and my family and "trivial" things all the time.  But the most important thing you could know about me and my family is we are waiting for the "twinkling of the Eye" when Christ will call us home.  Are you ready?  The thing we pray for the most is that our walk would glorify our Heavenly Father and our Savior.  And we pray for everyone we know and love that we could be sure that we will see you in the Kingdom.

Can you imagine getting a speeding ticket...going to court...and knowing that you deserve the penalty...only to stand up to be told, your punishment, your fine had been taken care of by someone that did nothing wrong?  That's what Jesus did. 

The "recipe" for salvation is found in Romans.

Romans Road of Salvation
  1. Everyone needs salvation because we have all sinned.

    Romans 3:10-12, and 23
    As the Scriptures say, “No one is righteous—not even one. No one is truly wise; no one is seeking God. All have turned away; all have become useless. No one does good, not a single one.” ... For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. (NLT)
  2. The price (or consequence) of sin is death.

    Romans 6:23
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. (NLT)
  3. Jesus Christ died for our sins. He paid the price for our death.

    Romans 5:8
    But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. (NLT)
  4. We receive salvation and eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ.

    Romans 10:9-10, and 13
    If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved ... For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (NLT)
  5. Salvation through Jesus Christ brings us into a relationship of peace with God.

    Romans 5:1
    Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. (NLT)

    Romans 8:1
    So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (NLT)

    Romans 8:38-39
    And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. (NLT)

Know that I love you, but there is Someone that loves you MORE!
 

No comments: