Monday, March 23, 2009

Personal Updates

Like I mentioned yesterday, I started having the same type of back pain, and leg pain that I had two years ago...I didn't let it go like before and got right into the doctor. Last Thursday, I saw the surgeon, and he said about 5-6% of patients "re-herniate" and I was one of them. I had a few options (that were really non-options) and surgery. I am going to go ahead and have the surgery. I am waiting, right now, for the phone to ring with when they can get me in. I'm off of work on Short Term Disablity. My homeschooling mom friends have been stars...again! Everyone is praying, so hopefully it won't get as bad as it did in 07 where I was basically unconscience for 7 weeks.

Also, 12 hours after my MRI last week, I was also in a car accident. When it rains... The accident was at low speed, so there is really no additional injury, but my poor car is hurt. I was tboned in the passenger side of the car. It doesn't look horrible, but it's on the door into the fender and it clipped the frame so the door makes a funny "WRRRoooonggGG" when you open and close it. And you have to seriously slam it to get it to close. Luckily, her insurance company is taking 100% of the liablity, and I will be taking my car in tomorrow to have it fixed and to pick up a rental car while it's being repaired. No out of pocket there! Yeah!

I did also FINALLY get all our junk out of the storage unit...I am only 1 month behind on that goal. But it is done. Sadly, now I have boxes all over the place I need to deal with again, and unfortunately with my back I am not able to do much about it. So good with bad.

No comments: