Saturday, April 5, 2014

Is it really spring??!?

It has been a LONG winter, eh?

Could spring finally be here?  I sure do hope so.  I haven't been on more as I've been having a Trigeminal Neuralgia flare up that is kicking my behind.  I can't even find words to describe it.  So I've had many days of getting up, milking the cow, take a nap, milk the cow, eat dinner and go to bed.

But in the meantime, I've also bought baby chicks to keep me happy.  Everytime things are really bad, I head to the feed store and get a few more fluffies to cheer me up...so now the current count is

Trip #1
2 Buff Orpingtons, 4 Americaunas

#2
2 Silver Laced Wyandottes
2 Gold Laced Wyandottes
4 Cuckoo Marans
2 Buckeyes

#3
6 Guineas (3 have died)

#4
4 Turkeys (3 have died)
2 Welsummers
2 Easter Eggers

#5
10 Meat Birds (1 has died)

#6
2 Buckeyes

#7
2 Dixie Rainbows
2 Brahmas
2 Partridge Rocks

So.....I have 3 troughs of babies in my pump house, and the first 6 are now big enough to live in the small moveable coop in the barn.  And just today, I had a chick hatched out by a broodie mama.  Only one (so it's likely a rooster) and it looks like a Barred Rock.  And one of the duck mamas wen't broody yesterday, so we may have ducklings in 40 days.



2 comments:

Elizabeth K. said...

how adorable they are! just interested - how did the ones die? They are going to grow fast!!! I'm excited about the "easter eggers" - they lay the pastel eggs, right? :)

Mindy said...

Ohhhhh, yes! You do have a chicken addiction. ;-) But they are really cute!