Tuesday, February 17, 2009

UPDATES:

This will be a short post to update everyone about what is going on:

  • There is still a tree on our house. We're trying to get tree guys, AEP power and everything coordinated. The insurance adjuster was out yesterday and said that it couldn't have fallen in a better way. Very little damage except to the deck. Oh, that and the fact that it is still tangled in the power line. That is freaking me out a bit, and keeping me praying for no fire.
  • Arica hasn't layed since the 9th...so I'm not sure what is going on there. I don't see a problem...yet...maybe she is about to molt. I'm adding prayers to see a green egg soon.
  • Starr is still with us. I haven't yet been able to post about what is going on with her. She hasn't layed since late January. She has an impacted crop and it is filled like a balloon. I should have culled her but haven't had the heart to do it. Having an impacted crop means everything is staying in her crop and she isn't getting any food/water into her. But apparently she is getting something as she is still hanging on. So we wait on her....
  • Good news is that we are still getting an egg a day...the Buffies take turns laying.
  • Now the big news, I'm packing up to go on an adventure. We will be delivering a bed to St. Louis and the BOY will get to see the Arch (God's hand in bringing a "one off" order from St. Louis!!), then off to meet and greet our new friends and find out more about the intentional community. Man has become good friends with the founder of the community and we are excited to meet them IRL (in real Life) and meet the other families committed to the community. We will be staying a night with one of the other families and there is a potluck planned at one of the other family's house.

While I am in the car, it's my plan to get caught up on my blogging and get everything posted in the various areas when I return, so be watching for updates!!

1 comment:

Niki said...

HAVE FUN! Gosh it sounds like a great trip and a fabulous oppurtunity to meet with possible neighbors.