Thursday, February 12, 2009

'tis a bit windy....

OK, so that is slightly an understatement!

We had the big wind storm last night (the same storm that brought Tornados to Oklahoma.) We lost power almost as soon as it started. I think the power came back on about 2 am. I was at work, so I'm not sure exactly when (Except estimating by the flashing digital clocks.)

I was delighted to see the power back on when I rolled up to our house this morning. The chickens are all accounted for. (Although Starr is not looking well, more on that soon). Then I went to go out the back door to feed the chickies and what do I see....




Yes, that would be a tree on our house...


It unrooted itself and broke through the deck railing and onto the roof over the living room / kitchen, is peeking into the BOY's bedroom window, and then on up on the top roof over the bedrooms. It's a 30+ year old tree that is about 70 feet tall....I'm thinking enough for a bed or two :)

I'm praising God that it didn't go through any windows, or through the roof. We don't know yet if the roof is damaged. I'm waiting for the assessor to call. Also waiting on the power company because we do have power but the branches are all over the power lines leading into our house. And it's still VERY windy today, so I pray that nothing shifts and breaks the lines or starts a fire. We also had damaged gutters and downspouts.
It's hard to see but the power line is running through this mess!

Here's BOY beside the rootball. And he's 52 inches tall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you notice any little people in funny outfits dancing around you when you went out? I could have sworn I heard "Follow the yellow-brick road" when I went out this AM! lol Glad you're alright!

Niki said...

YOWZA!