Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What's gone on...

I can't believe I haven't posted yet in June...so much has already gone on! Let's see.

I joined Urban Active and have taken my first aquacize class. It went very well. And I really did work. My calves hurt for 4 days afterwards! Class again today.

Curriculum sale went well! I only bought $3.50 worth of stuff and sold about 1/3 of my stuff. (and gave a bunch away). So I came back with half. And was able to return all the dishes from the wonderful ladies that fed me and my family while I was laid up.

My sister is doing well. Still in pain, but recovering. I'll be running over to her house tomorrow to check on her. My grandma, however, just went into the hospital. SO I will need to run out to Riverside again to see what's going on with all that.

Man, Boy and I built a new tractor for the babies. The chickies are doing well and getting BIG!

Well, I FINALLY had my yard sale on Friday and Saturday! The only two days it didn't rain! And it was GORGEOUS out! Not too hot, not too cool, very sunny and low humidity! OK, I realize...too many !!!! But it went really well and I can't help it!!! It's my first yard sale that actually made $$$ The church about a half mile from us was having a huge rummage sale and tons of people were going to it, and saw my signs. Man made money, Boy had a cookie and pop stand and made money. I made money. WOW! About 1/2 the stuff left. I even put out the crib and changing table. A big step for me....admitting that there likely won't be another baby to put in it. It didn't sell at the sale, but since then I have been contacted by a girl who wants to buy it. I've also sold some of my curriculum since the sale ended! I took 5 boxes and 2 bags (including ALL my Mary Kay bags-another biggie!) to charity. I have 3 boxes to take to Once Upon a Child. And tons of curriculum that I am still slowly selling through Homeschoolclassified.com. And I put out a bunch of Scrapbooking stuff. I did sell a little bit of it, but ended up packing it back up. I don't have the heart to just "get rid of it". Maybe next time.

Oh, and I showed Man's beds to two families during the sale, and one of them placed an order yesterday. OH, and during the sale on Friday I was contacted by a realtor that wanted to show the house on Saturday to a couple from Cincinnati. So Friday night, I spent trying to put the house back together. I think the showing went well, as yesterday (Monday) they drove back up to see it again. Prayers going up, fingers crossed, etc. Their house is already sold, so they have to move fairly quickly. The realtor said it was between our house and one other. I hope they chose ours...but then we will have to move fairly quick and we still haven't found a place to move. God will provide. I had been praying that we would be moved before I had to go back to work....I go back to work in 17 days. So....

The garden is doing really well, I was going to do a "state of the garden" address on the 10th, but the garden may not get harvested by us!

Here's praying the house sells today....I'll keep you updated...then I might be having a MOVING sale!

No comments: