Friday, June 18, 2010

My wonderful Friends...and gardening update!

My wonderful friend came out with her two girls to "exercise her inner farmer."  What an awesome friend I have.  She brought pizza, and helped me weed my weedpatch...I mean garden.  Sometimes working 3rd shift makes it difficult to be a farmer.  Having friends like Kerry make life worth living.  Thank you, friend!!
YOU ARE A STAR!!

Having my friend kick me in the bum...I mean motivate me to get going...I got over 200 tomatoes (19 varieties) planted.  Along with 5 types of peppers, zucchini squash, acorn squash, pickling cucumbers, salad cucumbers, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, watermelon, and cantaloupe.  All were started in our laundry room!

The corn is about waist high, but had a poor germination rate.  The popcorn only has about 10 stalks, and the Inca sweet, and ruby sweet is about 20 stalks.  The weeds are overtaking the bean patch too, so it's hard to see what we have.  The peas did not come on at all which is really disappointing as I spent extra on those seeds.  I got sucked into the hype about how wonderful they grow.  The name should have warned me "Mira-peas"  Your miracle peas...yeah, a miracle if they grow!

No comments: