Monday, January 31, 2011

New Year..plus a month!

I know I say this quite a bit...but I'm sorry for not being a better blogger.  I've got reasons and excuses....Trojan Virus took over the computer....not much happens in the winter on a farm (like anyone believes that!)...I've had new health issues rare their ugly head,..work deadlines that apply to January only...power outages at home...snow...ice..not being used to typing on a netbook and ending up with 4tijdhsguiv epiuarci....blah..blah...blah.

So, here on the last day of the first month of 2011, I'm going to start off again.  For my birthday coming up, there is a shiny (refurbished) new computer being delivered to our door....TODAY!  Woohoo.  It's faster and more memory for pictures. 

First confessions....it has not been the best year so far.  We found out on the 1st that DH's fishing buddy passed away at a fairly young age.  On the second, a good friend and co-worker (and the Eskies puppy sitter when we went to Arkansas a few years ago) unexpectedly passed at the age of 43.   I discovered on the 7th that my earache/toothache/headache is none of the above and is likely a degerative thing that I will need to take meds and figure out.  DS has been fighting school even though I've tried to do some different things (like a unit study on Pizza, of all things)

I try to take a picture a day...and if not that...then a few a week.  For 2011 so far, I've taken 3 pictures total.  So to say it needs to get better....um yes, please.

With all that being said....I'm back.  My resolutions for 2011:
  • The typical, lose weight & get fit.  This time I've got more realistic expectations and bigger motivators with my new health issues.
  • Pay down debt (goal is 1/3-1/2)
  • Blog 3-5 times a week.
  • Examiner article 1x weekly
  • Get organized...really or I (and DH) will lose my mind.
  • Homeschooling caught up.
Along with those goals...it's opened up new topics for the blog now that there is not a lot going on outside.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I believe in you, Rickki! I'll be praying toward your goals. Everyday is a chance to start anew or build on a successful yesterday.

Niki said...

I think those are good, realistic goals and i wish you success!

ajsknrmat said...

So glad you are back!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hunnee-Bunnee -
See what happened when I didn't check in last week??? you go and post a blog when i'm not watching LOL I agree with that Squirrelly-Chick - those ARE good realistic goals and as we all know - YOU Can DO It!!!! Say HI to the family :-)God Loves You and So Do I!
Sheryl