Wednesday, February 19, 2020

I love animals...

I have always loved animals. When I was a child I loved animals.  I was "destined" to have a zillion animals.  I would be taking the dinner bowl out to our dog, Pedro, and it would take an hour as I wandered around the yard feeding all my pretend animals.  Yes, I had imaginary cows, too!

Fast forward to 17-18 when you are REALLY looking at what you want to BE.  I loved animals so much there was actually no way I could be a vet.  It would break my heart to see them in pain, have to put someone's pet to sleep, or even "give a shot!"

Fast-fast forward thirty-mumble years.... yes I still love animals. So much so, as I've had to put beloved pets down. I have seen my pets hurt or sick.  I have bawled while taking animals to their ultimate goal of nourishing our family.  And I've given shots... lots of shots.

Funny how life works out.

2 comments:

Niki said...

You were meant for this.

AFMomXs2 said...

We never know what we are capable of until God calls us to do it. You are a wonderful farmer.