Thursday, July 5, 2012

Meet BESS.....


It's not a great picture as we were having a terrific lightning storm.

Bess is a Jersey/Holstein Cross.  She is 2 years old and had her first calf on March 15th.  She is currently giving milk as well. 

She is my way of Declaring my Independence!! 

It was quite a story how she ended up here. I want to post the whole thing, but going from never milking a cow to milking out for an hour twice today....after I fell down the steps back on Sunday and banged up my arm...my arms and hands are too tired!!  I promise a longer post with the whole funny story....teaser...we were the Marengo 4th of July "parade".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg!!!! i totally nailed it! i told the boys i bet you got a cow!! LOL congrats!
Sheryl

Niki said...

I can't wait to hear this story...