Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Fast & Easy Appetizers (Part 2) - A different kind of Cheese Ball

Like the title says, this is a different kind of Cheese Ball.

It's warm and ooey and gooey!
And easy. 

There are a few different cheeses that work well in this recipe.  
You can use a Brie Round,or Queso Fresco, but I prefer Queso Chihuahua, which is also quesadilla cheese. (I think motzerella would work too, but haven't tried it!)

Also needed is a package of crescent rolls (or you can use puff pastry) and Jam.
I use our Christmas Jam, which is Cranberries, Strawberries (from off the farm), Oranges and spices.



Roll out your crescent rolls so the cuts are closed. I'm pretty sure you can also buy it with out the cuts.  In that case, no rolling is needed.  


Spread jam on the rolls
 (about 3 Tablespoons--I you figured out that I don't much measure!)
Enough so it's the same size as the cheese.

Place the cheese in the jam, and then slather some more jam on top (which will actually end up being the bottom of the cheese ball.)


Fold the pastry/crescent rolls up around the cheese and jam.  Pinch so it's all covered up.
Flip it over and place it on a sprayed cooking sheet.
(I used some extra dough to try to make holly)
Then brush the whole thing with an egg wash.


Place in a 350* oven for about 13-15 minutes (until golden and brown like crescent rolls get)



When it comes out of the oven it will look like this:


Let it rest for about 5-10 minutes before moving off of the baking sheet.

Plate it and serve with crackers or pretzel chips.  It can also sliced and eaten with a fork.

Or standing over the kitchen sink!  LOL!

(Plated picture will be added after the broadcast.)

Also, if you would like to order some of theChristmas Jam, contact me through the "about me" or Like "Cackleberry Hollow" on Facebook and message me there!

No comments: