Monday, July 28, 2008

I HAVE NEWS!!!!

Today we got our Buffies!!!

Today (ok, techinally yesterday) was a busy and FUN day. We took a road trip! One of our customers opened a weekend rental log home down in Hocking Hills. Today was their open-house so we went down to support them.

So we spent about 4 hours hanging out and talking with the various folks that came past to see the place. My Man had great woodworking conversations with the man that basically built the cabin, and another friend that does rehabbing of old houses. There were some older folks (one 84!) that have lived in Pickerington their whole life and they had great stories of places I knew before they were the places I knew. The owner of the cabin was the long time milkman for Pickerington. Either he or his dad actually delivered milk to us out at the house in New England Acres. How 'bout that!

Then we started home. They lady that was chick-sitting was right on the way, but when we called no one was home. I called her mom on her cell phone and she wasn't going to be home until 7 pm (it was only 4:30) We decided to get some dinner and head on home because I had to work tonight. She called while we were still at On the Border. Apparently, she didn't get the message I left saying I'd pick the birdie up a different day.

So 5 miles from home, we turned around and hiked it out 20 miles back the way we came to get the girls. They are so pretty! And BLONDE! Like me! They have huge feet (also like me-grin). I figure they must be like puppies and grow into their feet. The mom showed us around her farm and her animals. She has 3 beautiful golden retreivers (also blonde like me!), and about 100 chickens. She raises "Buckeye" Chickens which is a breed started in Ohio and fairly rare to find. She also has 4 alpacas. The Boy got to feed the alpacas and check out all the different birds. My Man was most interested in the 100+ old trees on the property that had a minimum of a 14.5 foot circumference. We put our girls in the box we brought and took them home. They cooed and peeped the whole way home.

Then we introduced them to the puppies. They were so intrigued with the new scent. I'm sure they wanted a MUCH closer look, but I know they really ENJOY chicken so they got to sniff from a distance. We took some pictures, and I collapsed on the bed for 25 minutes before coming into work. WHEW!

As My dear Man said, he needs to buy me a farm for my chickens, which I added, "Yes, lets buy a $250K farm for my $10 chickens!" He also asked that I hold off buying a cow for now. Haha.

1 comment:

Niki said...

CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!