Monday, August 25, 2008

Apples-Apples-Apples!!

I'm missing a few of the first pictures from this adventure and will add them tomorrow. (I didn't bring the picture card with me that has them on it!)

Scott found someone on Freecycle that had little sour-not pretty apples that they were giving away in Mt.Sterling (quite a ways away from us) I responded, but they had already been spoken for. The next morning, I saw another ad for apples on Freecycle, this time in Reynoldsburg--come to find out...same apples! She went and got them for her juicer and then decided she didn't want them. So we have been in appleland! Sorry for the blurry picture...yes, very artsy, but it wasn't intended that way.


Apples boiling, and another pan of boiling water to sterilize the jars and lids.


Apple Butter cooking in the crockpot.



10 jellyjars of Apple Butter, 4 of Apple Pepper Jelly. I still have the actual apple jelly to do. I have 2 gallons of juice to use. I also made applesauce, and apple dumplings. (Not all shown!)

Then tonight on freecycle there was a lady offering pears.....

No comments: