Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Finishing up the Chicken Tractor

On Sunday afternoon, the family finished up our Chicken tractor. And none too soon as the next door neighbors came home from vacation and let their yapper out just as we finished and I was chasing the birdies out of their favorite bush. So here are the pictures...somewhat step by step.


Here you see My Man and The Boy with three sides done. The tractor's finished size is 4 feet wide, by 10 feet long, and three feet high. Yes, The Boy HAS gotten that big!














Here I am stapling the last side, I think we figured I used about 2500 staples for the 4 sides and the top. I stapled every inch.














Here's My Man figuring out where to put the roost into the tractor. He used ash branches from our downed tree for the roost.














He created this really cool swivelling arm that comes up so, therotically I can reach into the coop....sadly, did I mention it is 3 feet tall, and then 3 feet back down to the 1 foot high birds?? Yeah, I may have miscalculated somewhere.















And there is the finished tractor alongside the Buckeye Bunkbed Van for size comparision. YES, it is LARGE! Notice at the bottom is the "Sled Scoots" this along with the nifty handle (which I forgot to take a picture of, is how the tractor moves around the yard.














Finally the first stop for the tractor was over the overgrown asparagus patch to be debugged, deweeded, and fertilized. Happy birdies!

1 comment:

Niki said...

Wow. It ended up bigger than i thought it would be.