Saturday, April 10, 2010

New Mower!

Today was an interesting day!  Yesterday our push mower from the 1950s (seriously, I'm not kidding!) decided that it had enough.  I think it saw the 2 1/2 acres of grass to be mowed (not including the pastures) and had heart failure.  So off to Home Depot went the "boys".  They came home with a new safe push mower that the boy can use.  Big wheels, safety bar, self propelled.  So as I planted they spent 3 minutes putting it together and then off they went.

7 hours later the yard is mowed, and half of Iona's pasture.  It looks like a racetrack. :)  Hopefully this will help with the tick population.  I am not very hopeful about that though.  Boy LOVES mowing.  We are going to bring the riding mower back from W'ville soon and that will help with the big pastures, and cut down on the time spent....I hope!

What I planted:
5 Blueberry bushes
4 Grape Vines
2 Blackberry Bushes
3 Red Raspberry Bushes
1 Black Raspberry Bush
1 Honeycrisp Apple Tree

8 Raspberry/Blackberry bushes dug from W'ville.  I have no idea what they are!

I also dug out a wheelbarrel full of Daylilies an relocated them out to around a tree and not in prime planting areas.

Here is the random race track in the pasture and Iona & Kristl playing in it.

1 comment:

Niki said...

Enjoy this phase where he likes to mow: it is sure to pass!