Wednesday, January 7, 2009

January 7th: Day 7

Alright, so officially it is day 7, and I realize it is the middle of the night for most everyone else...but I want to be more diligent about posting daily. So, I've started the post for today. I wanted also to let you know that I have another blog going, and will have a 3rd going up soon.

Why? You ask. My life is very full and somewhat fragmented. I have 7 areas in my life that I want to start new habits in, and improve myself plus if I posted all that was going on in my mind and life on a daily basis, I'm afraid that someone might want to have me commited (haha). Plus the posts would be huge! I would love comments, so I don't think I am on this journey alone, but even if you can't comment, let me know that I'm not just rambling on and on and spending too much time typing for nothing!

So anyway, I already have up my "Scrap-tastrophe Studio" Blog (it's on the sidebar) and that is focusing on my Faith goals, my Faithbooking goals, and my scrapbooking goals. It's likely to become photo heavy. I have also decided to put a link to my homeschooling blog, because I get lots of questions about that and it will help me to be more focused and diligent in that area of our life. It's hosted on another blogroll, so I have to figure out how to link it here. Watch for it in the sidebar if you are interested.

I have Homesteading goals which are housed here on the orginal site and I've kinda put my financial goals here to. I also have home improvement goals that when I actually am able to do them will appear here. I am also wanting to become a more adventurous / consistant home baker/ cook, so I may include some of my recipes, etc as I make ones that aren't a flop GRIN!

My physical fitness goals are still hidden, but as I get braver, they may appear as well.

You'll also be seeing some advertising popping up along the bottom or side. I am trying to make sure it is not very intrusive. If you are interested, please do click into them. I do get a penny a click and am planning on doing a cool giveaway like I see on other blogs once I get to $20 or more dollars. Stay tuned there!

I am really grateful for the handful of you that do read my blog, and the few that are able to comment. Please check back and keep me accountable. I joke with my family that because of my odd hours of work, all my friends are inside my computer and I mostly have "virtual" friends. Virtual or not (imaginary or not-haha!) I love you all and appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend a few minutes with me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rikki, you are very brave! Don't know that I would be willing to open myself up like this, but it might keep me accountable! lol We need to make a date to get together to scrap book! I know Bruce is interested in going back to see Scott's workshop! haha

Niki said...

1. I like that you post in the middle of the night cause i know there will be something new for me to read when i get to work at the crack of dawn.
2. Different blogs to keep you focused and accountable on different goals is a great idea.
3. You never said how the planting went this season...
4. Pictures of chickens and their winter coop, pretty please.
5. Like how i'm doing this in one comment instead of like the night i did 7 diiferent comments?
6. I love you too.

Jill said...

Hey, I know what you are going through with the month of nothing! I did a Month myself (with my family of course) in October. One of the best things I've ever done. It proved to me that I could live on a lot less than we were living on, and still be perfectly happy.

Don't be hard on yourself for not eating "perfectly" or spending on things you didn't plan for. I didn't do perfect, but each time I disappointed myself I tried to learn from it. Why did I do that? What motivated me to spend that? Whey wasn't I able to cook a fabulous homecooked meal that night? It helped me make changes that made it easier to do better.

By the way, I LOVE your chickens! I have chickens, too and love them. Home grown eggs are the only way to go!

Jill