Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I'm Thankful for...Day 12

I'm thankful for Random facts that make me smile.... (And the fact that with God, nothing is actually random!)

Like today at 2:15 pm....it was 11/12/13 14:15 !

What were you doing then?

Me?
I was looking at our first snow of the season.

I was considering:

Other random cow facts:
  • Cows can recognize their names (though they may not come when called!).
  • Cows have a memory of about three years.
  • Cows can sense a storm coming and will lie down. (Which if you've ever heard my theory of the percentage of chance of rain....)
  • A cow can climb up the stairs, but cannot climb down. This is because her knees cannot bend properly.
  • A cow produces around 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.
  •  A cow stands up and sits down about 14 times a day.
  • A cow usually spends 6-7 hours in day eating cud and around 8 hours on chewing it.
  • Almost all the cows chew at least 50 times per minute.
  • An average cow has more than 40,000 jaw movements in a day.
  •  Cows can drink up to 35 gallons of water a day.
  • Cows do not bite grass; rather they curl their tongue around it.
  • Cows have almost total 360-degree panoramic vision. (Otherwise known as "Mom Vision"
  • Cows have an acute sense of smell and can smell something up to 6 miles away.
  • I miss my Bessie Cow.
Oh, and one random Pig fact
  • Pigs can run 11 miles an hour...that's faster than a 6 minute mile!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehehe I have a cool pig fact but this is a G rated site so i'll be good......
Sheryl

Elizabeth said...

this was beautiful, thank you!