Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo....

One of the 101 challenges I have is writing consistently on the blog. 
With my illness(es), it's been even more of a challenge for me. When I have the inclination to write, I don't have much to say...or have so much to say that I don't know where to start. 
 
And then there is the majority of the time, that I wish I could someone rig my brain straight up to blogger because I have a running commentary about what's going on...but have so much going on that by the time I get to the computer at night, well, I'm ready for bed.  There is a reason that farmers go to bed at dark!
 
But busy-iness doesn't go away.  And I have at least 7 people who now read the blog at least occasionally (WooHOO!  Thank you!) so I NEED to do this.
 
That's where NaNoWritMo comes in.  It stands for the National Novel Writing Month.  Now I don't think I'm writing a "novel" per se, but NaNo is a "self-challenge" so I am using the blog and another project that I am working on as my novel.  The challenge is to write consistently on a daily basis so you write 50,000 words in the month of November.  And as my cousin pointed out, that does not mean writing 49,950 words on November 30th and back dating it.  Um...what exactly are you implying?? Grin
 
So as scary as it is to put this out there....this is my accountability.  I am attempting to write 50,000 words this month.  That's about 2,000 words a day.
 
And I just checked...this is 270 words.
 
So maybe 10 posts a day??
 
Stay tuned.
 
 

3 comments:

Christie Sherwin said...

Looking forward to all the new posts!

Niki said...

Good luck baby!
I know you can do it.
I will try to write on my blog every day in Nov to support your effort.

Anonymous said...

SaaaawwwwEEEETness!!!