Wednesday, March 10, 2010


Trying to get back into the swing of things.  So much "not niceness" going on makes it hard, but life on a farm does mean that you don't get berevement time, sick time, or vacation time.

Boy and I planted 576 cells of seeds over the past two weekends.  We now have itty bitty plants coming up.  Now I need to get the light table set up in the cellar to get us through the next month.  We planted 18 cells of each plant, and I have 3 more trays of 72 to do this weekend. 



What is planted/sprouted now...
9 kinds of tomatoes
tomatillos
3 kinds of peppers
2 kinds of cucumbers
brussell sprouts
cabbage
acorn squash
watermelon
cantaloupe
celery
peanuts
huckleberries
pumpkins
cauliflower
broccoli



I've picked up (for a great price) 5 blueberry bushes (3 varieties)
1 red raspberry bush
1 black raspberry bush
1 blackberry bush
1 Niagra grape vine
2 red grape vines (can't think of the name right now)

I have a concord grape vine on order waiting for shipment, also 2 more (different varieties-for a total of 3) red raspberries

We're having a thaw here, so I'm hoping to get over to W'ville and dig my strawberries, blackberries, asparagus, mulberry, hastas, peonies, and elephant ears.  We also have to finish moving everything out this month. SIGH  I hate moving.

But back to the farm....over the weekend, my closest friend and I went to the Home and Garden show.  I bought horseradish root and rubarb, and seed potatoes.

No comments: