Sunday, July 7, 2013

How does my garden grow??

With lots and lots of weeds!
 
We have had so much rain this year...making up for last year, I guess.  It's a muddy mess in the garden and difficult if not impossible to week.  My current goal is to keep the weeds at least below the veggies so they aren't choked out.
 
I appreciate the rain, don't get me wrong.  But the roots will be very shallow with all of this and it could cause bad things when it does finally dry up.  Also, my rhubarb is rotting because of all the wet.  So rhubarb is done for this year. Sigh.
 
However, I do have my first head of cauliflower:

Cabbage is doing well too: 
 
This is the field of 150 tomato cages (with plants)
 
We've eaten 3 zucchinis from the garden, but had 2 rot so far.  Potatoes are doing well, I think, but I'm not sure what all the rain will do to them.  No beans.  I've planted them 3 times and gotten nothing.  I can still plant another crop, but it's so wet I can't get in with the tiller.
 
More updates tomorrow!

No comments: