Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Starting Peaches...

Last Friday, while waiting, not so patiently, to go pick up my injured kid from camp, I drove out to the farm market and picked up a bushel of Contender peaches.  They hold their color the best when canning.....and man are they GOOD!
 
 
As of right now, 7/23 9pm, I still have 1/4 of a bushel left to do.
I have put up:
 14 quarts of sliced peaches
4 pints of diced peaches
10 pints of peach salsa
2 half pints of peach salsa for the upcoming giveaway!
And a "can't fail" peach cobbler from my BIFF (Best Imaginary Friend Forever), that >>I<< managed to fail at!  Really!
(The peaches were supposed to sink to the bottom and the cobbler comes to the top and makes a nice cake, not the gummy thing at the bottom of my dish
--although it still tastes good.) 

 
And here is what we pulled out of the garden yesterday!
 

1 comment:

Niki said...

I want some sautéed squash!