Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Shattered.....

We have...had...a glass patio table that we have had for over 15 years.  It moved over 2000 miles across the country with us without getting broken.  It moved from town to the country without breaking.  We used it at our July 4th picnic a year ago...and it sat in the pasture for the last year...through the rain, snow, sun....

We brought it back up to the house for this year's Independence Day picnic...it sat up here for just a week.  Yesterday, with no trauma, it just shattered.  It was in one piece at 9am when I left for my parents' house, at 9:45, my Man called to tell me it was in a ba-zillion pieces.


It was quite symbolic for my day....there was an accident and I sat in traffic for over 2 hours on my way down to town.  Then there was an accident on the way home and I sat for another hour the other way.  I took a detour only to find out that road was closed due to a gas line leak, then when I started taking the back roads to FINALLY get home, our road had a bridge out and there was another detour.  Really?

Then once I was home, I couldn't find Weldon, he had decided to go on a walkabout.  Then I proceeded to have a nervous breakdown.  Farming is tough.  Much tougher than me!  (It being 94* didn't help matters.)

Long story short....Weldon was back under his mama at dinner time.  We had Chinese food for dinner and I went to bed early.  And I still haven't picked up all the glass....

...meanwhile at camp....

1 comment:

Niki said...

Now that I see the pic, I totally remember that table in AZ.
RIP