Wednesday, October 28, 2009

How do you move chickens??

We moved the chickens...finally...yesterday.  Scarlett decided she didn't want to leave W'ville.  After trying to catch her for over an two hours, she managed to completely elude me in the woods.  I was sad to leave her behind without a coop or her friends.  I just couldn't find her.  I will stop by this morning and see if I can find her, she may be roosting near where the coop is...or she may have been dinner for some lucky raccoon.  The Boy prayed for her to be safe and the raccoons to pick on someone their own size, so we shall see...

In the meantime, we are now down to 10 chickens.  Here is the documentation of their move....

Waiting for Man and Boy to bring the trailer to move the coop.  The girls are getting to explore parts of the yard previously unvisited.



Last picture of Scarlett (the grey one)



I was asked how do you move chickens (thank you, faithful reader!)....just like everything else, I packed them in cardboard boxes and stuck them in the back seat of the Versa.



Upon arrival...


"Oh, Hello!" 
Boy took this picture for me!  Man and I were unloading the coop from the trailer.




Now we have just have chickens instead of "city" chickens!  They seem to like the farm.  Sorry, I forgot to take the final picture.  I will do that today and post it here. 

No comments: