Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Status....

OK, as of today things are going fairly alright. Here's the lowdown.....

We are dropped the price of the house in Westerville. I asked my realtor to have no showings available until yesterday so I could get it somewhat cleaned up. I have most everything out from inside(that is going to the new house). I just need to move one bookcase, a small video cabinet, the quilt stand, and the stereo components (and speakers). I also want to bring over the full mattress that is in Grandma Arizona's room because ...eventually...the boy will be getting a twin over full bunkbed, since we no longer have a guest bedroom. But in the meantime I don't know where I would put it.

So for now, it's wonderful to go take a quick 2o minute nap while I'm waiting for things to happen in Westerville....what would be happening you ask? Well, yesterday morning, I showed the house to a lady that is interested in renting the house. (That's the other development. We decided that if it doesn't sell, we will try to rent it before giving it back to the bank.) I hope they do decide to rent it. She was a neat lady!

I have had the carpets cleaned over there. I still need to paint 1 room and we still do have lots to find a home for. The attic has not been cleaned out, either has the crawl space....or the shed. The chickens still need moved and the outside "stuff". We've been at a disadvantage because the whole rear end of the van went out and it's been in the shop for a week. They did give us a loaner, but it doesn't have a hitch to use the trailer and I'm thinking that they might not be very happy with me moving chickens in it :)

Speaking of chickens...as soon as I am able to get to the new chicken house...I've found a flock of Aracaunas to add to the farm! We will be at 2 dozen birdies. 23 hens, and one happy rooster! Then in the spring, we'll let some of the eggs hatch out for babies. We should have lots of green and blue eggs. This will be great...right now both of the Aracaunas (Scarlett and Arica) and the two Buffies are going through a molt and we have not seen eggs from them in a while. It will likely be a few more weeks until we see eggs from them again. Also, I'm pretty sure that Maran has not yet started laying. But the Comets and whites are laying very consistantly. We get 6 eggs from 6 birds on almost a daily basis! WOOHOO!

I'm still mulling over whether to have someone come out to Bush Hog the chicken yard and all the burrs or go ahead and get my first dairy goat.....there are good arguements either way. I'm just not decided yet.

So back to what's going on....I have put on the calendar that the farm warming / boy birthday party is going to be on November 7th. I'm praying that the weather will cooperate because we'd like to be able to cook out and also let folks wander around the farm and check things out. But I've "bit the bullet" and there will be no more delays. I've ordered the change of address/invitations and so, there it is. Mark your calendar...

In the meantime, I have a list a mile long of all that needs to be accomplished in the next 17 days, besides all our "other" stuff (Mandatory overtime, plus 2 additional OT days next week, Trunk n Treat, Boys Brigade, Bible Quizzing Practice, and a Rally. Biography, Geography Fair, and Boy's Birthday. ) And on top of that, Boy and Man picked all the pears from our pear tree. Seriously, I have a whole 30 gallon trash can full to do something with (jam, pear butter, canned).



I know everyone wants to see pictures. As soon as I unearth the camera "tail" again...I'll post some! Especially of the inherited "guard pig" that is above our back door. (Which my dad made a mohawk with all the dust on it...and I still haven't dusted it off.)

2 comments:

Niki said...

I'd like to point out that perhaps at this juncture you should consider just feeding the pears to the chickens.

Rea said...

Now where is the FUN in that??