Monday, October 26, 2009

My life is OuT of cOnTroL!!!

So I spent this morning with our future tenant, getting to know her better and getting the rental application filled out.  I gave her the lease (thanks Mom!) and we are/were meeting Tuesday evening to get deposits, keys and all that fun stuff......the house is rented! 

So we got an email this afternoon from our realtor that there will be an offer made on it..........Wednesday.

Oh.my.

What's the lesson in this?  I think it's that God is in Control....not us.  I took matters into my own hands and thought I had everything all summed up nice and tidy.  Then God reminds us,  His will not ours.  So here I sit with love for my heavenly Father in my heart, gratitude for my Savior Jesus in my soul, and confusion in my poor walnut brain.

I really like our renters and they need to find a place and be out of their house by Friday...yes of this week.  I thought this was God sending relief for our mortgage and a way not to lose it to the bank.....but all along we have had a running list of options and renting was number 3, with selling outright being #1.  Our renter has two kids (and a DH, and a HUGE dog).  Her son is the same age our Boy was when we moved into the house.  Watching him running around the corner was like seeing a replay of Boy.  Oh.my.heart.  Oh.my.head! 

Please pray.  Pray that God gives us the wisdom to discern the right thing.  That the offer would not be a low ball silly offer that is below what we owe on the house.  That they would not be asking for the stars and the moon in addition to the house.  My renters love the place as it is and it would be so easy to get them in and just start making my house payments again.  Oh.my.sigh.  Please just pray for wisdom and God's hand to be obvious so that even a ditz like me can figure out the path.

1 comment:

Niki said...

Better to be beseiged by too many options than too few.
Sounds like you are getting a lot done.